-Race around the galaxy- -Race around the galaxy-

Amazing composition and sound design!
This song just makes me happy, even after years of hearing it.

(^w^)

ID #2 (WIP) ID #2 (WIP)

I liked the drum progression and the bass growl sounded pretty good but most of the song is just a single instrument and drums. I would try layering multiple instruments together and adding a bit more melodic progression.

However, there still is potential.
(^-^)

BlueAlpha14 responds:

I don't even know what I did when I made that bass, it just sort of happened lol.

Here's the thing: I know the intro and drop lack a lot of melodic progression, but the problem is I don't know how to fix that. I've tried a few things and they don't compliment eachother very well. I've been drawing blanks, basically.

Thanks for the review, I know I can always count on you.

They Taught Us To Dream They Taught Us To Dream

Ca, c'est la chanson que j'aime le plus dans NGCHIPS!

Demon-Wolf responds:

Merci !

Victory! Victory!

This is really different from your newer work yet it is still pretty good! I gotta look back at some of my older stuff, it's often good inspiration for writers block. :-)

Techmo-X responds:

Yeah this old stuff was a pretty big start for me because I was starting to get to know how to make music.

Dawn Over The Horizon Dawn Over The Horizon

This is great! How you mix retro sounds with modern ones. Only thing to improve would be the outro, it's a little abrupt.
Have you tried making any bitpop? This is pretty close and I think you would do it well.

Techmo-X responds:

Thanks! Yeah I've been working on a lot of sounds lately but I'm more on experimenting them right now. I'm supposed to start making Chillstep tracks but haven't got the time since work and college. I look forward to posting more on here soon starting June.

AIM - Beat Down AIM - Beat Down

I continue to hear eerie similarities between you and waterflame's work. All in all good song though! Mixing is fine, melodies and song structure is great, yet some of the instruments don't sound the best. I also feel that the bit-crusher is a bit to "strong" (?) as it seems to break the flow of the song and is a bit jarring.

Calamity Calamity

Good composition, poor instrument quality, and not the best but not the worst mixing. Not really "a cat being brutally raped," at the least a little better than that. Not bad. ^^

Xylophone Massage Xylophone Massage

You find the loz marimba videos from Mart0zz? I definitely hear similarities between them and this.
Really great work, I love the marimbas and the small amount of glockenspiels! :D

1f1n1ty responds:

nah i just used the picture cuz i thought it was nice :)

Scrap or Keep? #1 Scrap or Keep? #1

Not a finished song but not bad at its current state, it has potential.

Personally I would just try and complete songs. I wouldn't worry about if people like the songs only if they are put together well and have good melodies, etc. No idea is bad. :D

What do you mean "not a finished song"? This took me hours! :P

Thanks, I might work on this. I'll see if the second one blows everyone's mind better.

.:Dinosaurs (Final WIP):. .:Dinosaurs (Final WIP):.

This seems decent. I'm not the best judge of music like this but it seems well put together with only a few spots that seem a bit empty. (0:30 - 0:41, 1:55 - 2:05) A little repetitive at points where "sections" go on for too long with no variation, mostly near the beginning. Mixing is fine as well. This track is void of melody but with more ambient tracks this is fine. Overall not bad but not special, at least from my point of view. ^^

Also downloads are on, :P.

BlueAlpha14 responds:

Holy crap I was about to unpublish this because I thought no one was going to review this.

Oh yeah, 0:30-0:41 and 1:55-2:05 are a bit empty. I was trying to base it off of Getter - Dubstep Is Dead where there's something similar right before the drop.

Mixing was the thing I wanted to know, I'm going to remove/add some things. Perhaps I should just take a break for a couple days on this one, work on other stuff that could be done.

Well I tried fixing the melody thing by adding that synth right before the second drop I guess it didn't help lol ://

Boi wtf how are downloads are on when I clearly disabled them? Smh Newgrounds you are practically forcing me to allow downloads this ain't right.

Edit: Oh yeh, thanks for reviewing